Sharepoint is free though.

It's actually pretty cool, from what small amount of time I've played with it.

Wayne Johnson wrote:
At 12:28 PM 7/14/2005, Ben Ruset typed:

That's what's killing Microsofy with Office. Office 97 does everything that most casual office workers need to do. There really is no compelling reason to go to a newer version of Office unless you need some really obscure feature. And who is going to roll out Office upgrades at $250 a pop just to get access to some new Excel feature?

This is why O2k3 has more collaboration tools & won't run on 98 machines. MSFT knows that most of the stuff that is borrowed is not being done so by corporations. What gets me is that MSFT tells us as system builders, developers, beta testers, & programmers etc etc that they are for small business but I don't know of one small business that actually uses Share Point Portal Services. While centralized collaboration is great for larger companies who have depts that are larger than most small businesses many medium sized business still would rather just rely on in house email than spend the extra loot. Let's face it to make a buck one doesn't spend any more than they have to get the product out the door.

   Wayne D. Johnson
Ashland, OH, USA 44805
<http://www.wavijo.com>