In addition, when Bush tries to use the nobody could have anticipated defense:
"I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees. "

I.e lies to the public, he deserves to be critized. Sure maybe Chris is right in that there wasn't much that could be done but everyone knew that it could happen and there should have been some plans on what to do if it did happen.

Eli
----- Original Message ----- Part of the criticism levied at bushco right now though hinges around the simple fact that the federal money to simply maintain the levee's vanished with the onset of the war in iraq and afghanistan and all the spending on DHS, oh and the TSA, oh and the ill advised tax cuts...