TW was just an easy example that it's being done and the hoops they might may you go through to get it. Notice it says you have to specifically ask for that box and they like stonewall without that info.

Not to mention they don't do this in (any?) other TW markets. When I searched a few months ago for info on the Minnesota TW site there was no mention of 1394, period. The site I quoted was for their corporate headquarters region, no surprise they get it 1st.

Let us know what happens!

Wayne Johnson wrote:
At 11:11 PM 1/19/2006, warpmedia typed:
"What is Time Warner Cable required to do to support 1394?
Effective April 1, 2004, Time Warner Cable can replace any leased high definition box, which does not include a functional 1394 interface, with one that includes a functional 1394 interface. This new box is a special version of the Scientific Atlanta 3250 HD box and must requested by name."

Unfortunately my cable co is not Time Warner & the box is a Motorola DCT6412iii <http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/products/dct6412/>

What you reference is old & the link from slashdot goes to a FCC doc that is dated June 17, 2005 not April 1, 2004 as the article claims. <http://www.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/part76.pdf> but I see the quote word for word about half way thru that document & from what I can tell there is nothing to the contrary in that document so I'll be giving my cable company a call.

Thanks.

   Wayne D. Johnson
Ashland, OH, USA 44805
<http://www.wavijo.com>