The printer market isn't a bad one to be in. OEM the components from Lexmark, then sell the ink online. Just like every other company now, the profit on the printer comes from the ink. It's almost like free money. As long as the amount of money it takes to manage that supply chain is less than the profit the chain makes, then it's a good decision for them to make.

Free money? Ink sales have dropped like software sales recently. Many (possibly most) people buy a new printer everytime they run out of ink. I think the inkjet market is an even better area to see the failure of the race to bottom mentality. The funny part is that we are supposedly in a reduce/reuse/recycle world.