I had driver problems with my ancient Epson scanner. I only gave $50 for it
at least 4 years ago, so I feel I got my money out of it. I didn't even
replace it--I just put it on a different (XP) machine.

My Promise TX2 Ultra133 card was unsupported, so I picked up a cheap Silicon
Image 0680A-based card, which has had Vista64 drivers since November.

I'm waiting on signed drivers for my soundcard. They should be released
within a couple weeks. In the meantime, I just have to disable the signed
driver requirement each boot.

The biggest issue for me is the lack of a 64-bit Cisco VPN client. Even that
isn't terrible, though...I used my old XP license to install inside a
Virtual PC 2007 virtual machine, then I simply use the older Cisco VPN
client from within that.

Everything else works,  I'm just hopeful that the drivers mature as newer
revisions are released. Honestly, the driver situation for x64 isn't quite
as bleak as the media would have you believe. Sure, there are some issues,
but I wouldn't classify it as dire--and it really is getting better every
week.

I'm encouraged by the fact that Microsoft -requires- a 64 bit driver for
Vista Logo certification. Until the middle of this year, a company may
submit the x64 driver after the x86 driver, but afterwards they must be
submitted simultaneously. Actually, Vista Logo certification doesn't even
require an x86 driver anymore--only the x64 is required to get certified.

Greg