didn't seem to hurt profits much. >:-}
current anti piracy can be a pain. There is something terribly wrong when one
wants to change a hard drive or video card ( in Vista )( I had to reactivate
Vista when I stretched a 200gb partition to 250.) and have to call mother to
ask permission. Especially when MS issues SW to Dell and the like that does
not. Just restored a Dell with RTM sw, what a pleasure to not input a key or
need to activate. And it was a genuine install disk, not a restore disk because
I streamed sp2 into it.

I have a customer box on the bench who I replaced a MB 2 weeks ago, activation
was painless but as luck would have it suffered crib death and I have to
replace it again and windows will not even let me log on without first
activating which I haven't done yet but will require a phone call which can be
painless or a pain. I have only had them refuse one on a machine because I did
not replace the MB with a exact factory replacement. SUCKS. Last week the
system was down and I spent hours on the phone getting a system activated. Most
customers have no idea about all of this and I certainly can not charge shop
rate while waiting.
I say the 70's and 80's was good for business and current scheme is not. (
greed )
fp

At 04:38 AM 3/30/2007, Hayes Elkins Poked the stick with:

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)
Taglines below !