> >No, the SPD is programmed to JEDEC-standard 5-5-5-18 at 400MHz. They
> have
> >be to be compatible with motherboards. That being said, EPP (which is
> an
> >extension of SPD but is separate) can contain the tighter timings (and
> the
> >voltage) for those timings. But all of these sticks have standard SPD
> >programming at 5-5-5-18. Motherboards that are not EPP-aware never
> attempt
> >to read it because they don't know how to get to it.
> >
> >Greg
>
> Ok I see that they now use nvidia's EPP to segment out-of-spec values
> from
> JDEC on some of their memory. This is NOT the case with many different
> models.
>
> You can see a list of current memory that has "custom" timings directly
> in
> SPD vs having separate EPP and SPD values:
>
> http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52348Corsair

Interesting, I didn't realize that they'd released memory that DIDN'T have
the JEDEC-standard values set in the SPD. However, with the exception of the
XM2S8000UL parts, it looks like all of their memory that DOES require more
voltage to hit the rated speed/timings do include standard JEDEC-spec SPD
values. Makes sense--for non-EPP boards, you want the sticks to at least
boot the first time. :)

Greg