Gah! No Nvidia motherboards! Sole reason EVER to get one is SLI, which is in itself patently stupid. Their I/O across the board is inferior to Intel's 3 series, especially southbridge (ICH9). Worse is they are overpriced.

You have absolutely ZERO need for a 1000w power supply. Do not let anybody else fool you otherwise. Not now, not in 5 years. Get a seasonic PS, they make up to 650w with >80% efficiency and use a much quiter 120mm fan. Otherwise you completely negate the advantage of the P182.

And to nitpick, the corsair stuff only works as advertised when overvolting the RAM. That's a big no no for me and I only use standard ram that works as JDEC spec as per the chipset requirments (in the case of Intel 3 series, DDR-800 @ 5-5-5-18). The 3% "advantage" in speed using overvolted lower CAS memory will only delight those who love running theoretical benchmarks all day.

From: "Anthony Q. Martin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: The Hardware List <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: Re: [H] Any more comments on system?
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 13:42:53 -0400

Latest iteration for $1565, not counting possibly $80 rebate. This take advantage of some serious instant discounts and combo deals! I guess I decide to spend more (if I spend anything) to get something competitive. I saw a RTS game that might be fun, as I don't do FPSers.

(1) Antec P182 Gun Metal Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower
(1) CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
(2) Open Box: SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA
(1) SABRENT CRW-UINB 52-in-1 USB 2.0 Internal Card Reader w/ USB 2.0
(1) LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model
 LH-20A1L-06 - Retail $40
(1) ASUS Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DVD-E616A3T OEM - OEM $19
(1) EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail (1) EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail (1) Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000 ATX12V / EPS12V 1000W Power Supply - Retail (1) Antec P182 Gun Metal Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Gear up for Halo® 3 with free downloads and an exclusive offer. http://gethalo3gear.com?ocid=SeptemberWLHalo3_MSNHMTxt_1