> And to nitpick, the corsair stuff only works as advertised when
> overvolting
> the RAM. That's a big no no for me and I only use standard ram that
> works as
> JDEC spec as per the chipset requirments (in the case of Intel 3
> series,
> DDR-800 @ 5-5-5-18). The 3% "advantage" in speed using overvolted lower
> CAS
> memory will only delight those who love running theoretical benchmarks
> all
> day.

...only if you buy memory that is rated beyond JEDEC timings/frequencies. If
that kit is Corsair's standard CAS5 PC2-6400, it's rated at 1.8vdimm. Of
course, the argument can be made that if you're buying JEDEC standard memory
anyway, you might be able to save money by going to a more generic brand.
The only remaining issue is compatibility. Seems like memory compatibility
gets worse with each generation of chipsets/boards...and is why I'll only
mate memory to a board that's on the manufacturer's recommended list.

Greg