still in the works!
Best,
Duncan
At 09:58 10/13/2007 -0400, you wrote:

This will all change once everything is switched over to AT&T anyway.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of DHSinclair
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 4:14 PM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: [H] research questions

OK Tim,
Believe the router is a "gateway" router. Maybe not.  How would I know?
 From my LAN's perspective, I am treating it as my "gateway."  All my
clients have
the router's IP addy as their "gateway" on the tcp/ip tab.

In any case, I now have the IP addys I think I need. Some make sense, some
do not.

Q1: I use Eudora. BellSouth seems to be dead to Eudora. A faq lists these
"email clients":
Netscape 4.0, 4.5 to 4.77, 6 or 7
Outlook Express
Outlook 97/98/2K/2K2
Hmm......... But, later on (more faqs) I find a setup procedure for Mozilla
Thunderbird.
So, all you TBird users, please advise.  I do like/own Eudora (v5.1.1) and
would like to
continue unless it really is dead. Current plan is to use the Mozy setup
once the channel
goes hot and see what happens.

Q2: Seems the Bellsouth blocks/filters port 25.  Believe this is PoPmail
port. Can I switch
Eudora to IMAP and truck on with Bellsouth?

Q3: Bellsouth uses the same server (mail.bellsouth.net) for both inbound
and outbound mail.
Is this normal?  I do know that they seem to have extensive spam, junk,
etc, filtering. Perhaps
this is a good thing..... :)

So I check out the "news" server for Bellsouth and find that it is:
(should I choose to do Opera or Agent!)
nxdomain.guide.opendns.com  208.69.32.130
and the server is in San Francisco, CA.
Q4: What's up with this?  Are the "news" channels still as polluted as they
were in 1999?

So far, so good.  Believe my due diligence is as complete as possible. For
now.
I'm off to check out Mozilla TBird......
Please accept my thanks to all who helped with replies and tips. Much
appreciated.
Now I just have to get hold of JE to change an addy and keep List mail
flowing!
Best,
Duncan

Netscape At 14:59 10/11/2007 -0400, you wrote:

>If you use a gateway router you only need one address. Also, Network will
be
>semi secured :)
>
>But if you decide to go the way your thinking, they give you a list of
>addresses you can use. You can use those addresses anyway you like.
>
>Regards,
>
>Tim "The Beave" Lider
>E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
snip

This email scanned for Viruses and Spam by ZCloud.net

This email scanned for Viruses and Spam by ZCloud.net