> OK Tim,
> Believe the router is a "gateway" router. Maybe not.  How would I know?
> From my LAN's perspective, I am treating it as my "gateway."  All my
> clients have
> the router's IP addy as their "gateway" on the tcp/ip tab.

It more than likely is a gateway router.  Most are.

> Q1: I use Eudora. BellSouth seems to be dead to Eudora. A faq lists these
> "email clients":
> Netscape 4.0, 4.5 to 4.77, 6 or 7
> Outlook Express
> Outlook 97/98/2K/2K2
> Hmm......... But, later on (more faqs) I find a setup procedure for
Mozilla
> Thunderbird.
> So, all you TBird users, please advise.  I do like/own Eudora (v5.1.1) and

> would like to
> continue unless it really is dead. Current plan is to use the Mozy setup
> once the channel
> goes hot and see what happens.

Easy to fix.  Just use the Pop and SMPT information they use on Outlook to
the other programs. I use Outlook now because I put client/friends info and
make appointments within Outlook.

> Q2: Seems the Bellsouth blocks/filters port 25.  Believe this is PoPmail
> port. Can I switch
> Eudora to IMAP and truck on with Bellsouth?

Most Internet providers do this.  I have problems sending mail via my work
address.  I just use my home address to send it with a reply-to my Work
Address.

> Q3: Bellsouth uses the same server (mail.bellsouth.net) for both inbound
> and outbound mail.
> Is this normal?  I do know that they seem to have extensive spam, junk,
> etc, filtering. Perhaps
> this is a good thing..... :)

In most cases it's the norm.  I have seen it like a lot.

> So I check out the "news" server for Bellsouth and find that it is:
> (should I choose to do Opera or Agent!)
> nxdomain.guide.opendns.com  208.69.32.130
> and the server is in San Francisco, CA.
> Q4: What's up with this?  Are the "news" channels still as polluted as
they
> were in 1999?

Oh!  Ya they are polluted with spam and pron like in those days.

> So far, so good.  Believe my due diligence is as complete as possible. For
now.
> I'm off to check out Mozilla TBird......

t-Bird is pretty good.  I did not stick with it due to the fact the usage of
Outlook in my work place.