Hello everyone!

I am working on changing my room with all new speakers, tuner/DVD, and a PC
Card for Satellite TV..  Well everything needed to allow me to run the line
in from the Satellite dish, and be able to play TV/Music/DvD on my PC OR on
my TV, and use a PC card so I can store everything on my PC's harddrive,
write things I like to DvD's and so on..

I don't really have more than maybe $2k or so, but am allocating a budget of
at least $4k possibly more, if the need exists.

This is a system for my bedroom.  I am confined to my bed, Rheumatoid
Arthritis, have had hips, shoulders, and elbows all replaced but after fall,
my feet now are not longer able to work well enough to let me walk.  Ankles
are fused and big toes wont let me walk anyway even if ankles bent, plus any
weigh ton the bottom of my feet hurts too much.  But anyway, I would love to
be able to watch TV on my PC monitor which is on a swivel arm out over my
bed, and listen to music and so on..  I have an existing system, nice tc
screen  but it isn't linked to my PC, and its been having some trouble
lately with the TIVO box, and my PC's sount system is having problems with
it's amp, so I figured now is a good time to get something more suited to my
needs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!  A friend is also helping me, although
he knows knowing about the PC Card part, only the speakers.  Hes given me
several links, here is some of the info given recently..

----

Ok, now to the speakers. You should give me a budget for the speakers.  That
ll give me a better idea of what to look for. That being said, I'd recommend
researching the following:
SVS SBS-01 $225/pair -- http://www.svsound.com/products-spks-sbs01.cfm
SVS SCS-01 $350/pair -- http://www.svsound.com/products-spks-scs01.cfm
Paradigm Studio 20 $850/pair (?) -- http://www.paradigm
com/en/reference/fronts-studio-studio20-model-2-13-1-26.paradigm
Usher S-520 $400/pair -- http://www.usheraudiousa
com/products/loudspeakers/usher-series/s-520-shielded
You can also look at the offerings from Klipsch -- http://www.klipsch
com/products/lists/bookshelf-systems.aspx, although I've heard their a
little "bright". However, they're much more sensitive (I.e., loud) than most
speakers out there.

The SVS offerings are probably the best value
The Paradigm is probably the best of the bunch. If we went that route, you
could save a little $$ by going with one of their Mini-Monitors for the
surrounds.
The Usher is one I've heard some really good things about.. So it's probably
a compromise between the lower level SVS and the Paradigm. However, it comes
in different finishes that aren't available in the other speakers.
I threw the Klipsch in just because it can play LOUD. You'll get an extra
10db's at the same power level; however, in your room, any of these speakers
are gonna be plenty loud unless you wanna bleed from your ears.

Also, in any of the above scenarios, you should go with an SVS sub. They're
the best you can get right now.

I'm assuming the Denon receiver recommendations were ok with you.

Other "stuff" you'll have to buy includes:
Speaker wire -- Home Depot or Fry's for speaker wire. Generic is just fine.
Interconnects -- ditto. If you have to get fancy, go to
http://bluejeanscable.com/

----