Hrmm I've installed many of these Netopia ADSL gateways for "business grade"
dsl customers in my area. The Cayman units require a special key file be
installed to unlock certain capabilities. I don't know whether yours might be
locked for SBC region or what kind of settings you will have access to.

The main thing with configuring a DSL modem of any sort is to be sure you are
using the proper VPI and VCI settings. Most SBC modems come with a setting of
0/35. I think Bellsouth uses 8/35. Ask Bell's tech support if you need to
confirm it. Encapsulation should be PPPOE. Multiplexing should be set to LLC.

A google search turned up this doc for configuring the device for Bridging.
http://www.netopia.com/support/technotes/hardware/CQG_020.html

When did this come into the picture I thought you had a Westell modem and Dlink
router???

-Tharin O.

DHSinclair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Does anyone have any experience with the
subject dsl modem?
Its' f/w is 6.3.0r7.  It appears to know all about ATT.

I've just spent 2 days trying to get one to work here in Bellsouth-land
with an Intellinet #523295 router.  No go no way.
I am very close to turning in my 'network' badge!
I may do it anyway. These new smart modems w/"features" are a real
Best,