At 08:10 12/10/2007 -0800, you wrote:

Eh.. no not really or at least not all of it. A 'public ip' is supposed to be the internet routable ip assigned by your provider. This is the address you would see when you go to something like http://www.whatismyip.com

Hmm. I was afraid of that............. :)  OK!  Nevermind, I'll keep digging.

I think this doc is for people who still require PPPoE but are somehow are assigned a block of static ip addresses once connected. This is not a situation I've seen in practice in the real world but I guess it is possible.

OK, thank you. Understand. I am now back on solid ground. Yes, this is how I read the CQG for PPPoE. Everything reads well until step 10b! We do not get an address block from Bellsouth.
Another dead end.

See what you can do about disabling NAT and DHCP and then configure the modem as bridge.

This I will attempt again.

Q - If I can get NAT and DHCP disabled in the modem, can I believe that its' "router" function is also disabled? I have done this, but the modem and router still will not connect and play nice!

Another guide on enabling bridge mode
http://www.seidata.com/bridge

I'll study this link for the bridge of the modem. So far it only seems to go to partial-bridge only.

Disabling NAT (might not be necessary, but you can try it if all else fails)
http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/technotes/CQG_015.html

If I do not disable NAT at the modem, I will have a double-NAT situation. The Intellinel router provides NAT w/SPI by default.

DHSinclair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/technotes/CQG_042.html

Tharin,
I have stumbled across this netopia process for disabling the modem's nat
when a router will be behind the modem.

Can I follow it to try again to set this modem up?  The only question about
this process is that it requires me to use "public lan address" (of the
router?).  This is step 10b.

Can I use the router's address (192.168.2.1) as my "public" address even
though it is really another private address on a different subnet than the
modem (192.168.1.254)?

If so, I think this 3341 just may work!
Best,