http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/technotes/CQG_042.html

Tharin,
I have stumbled across this netopia process for disabling the modem's nat when a router will be behind the modem.

Can I follow it to try again to set this modem up? The only question about this process is that it requires me to use "public lan address" (of the router?). This is step 10b.

Can I use the router's address (192.168.2.1) as my "public" address even though it is really another private address on a different subnet than the modem (192.168.1.254)?

If so, I think this 3341 just may work!
Best,
Duncan