I have been looking for a hard drive, sata, in the 250-320 gb range.
Looking at the following two that were rated customer choice awards:

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA
3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/...x?Item=N82E16822144701

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording
Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/...x?Item=N82E16822148140

Despite obtaining a customer choice award some of these drives have
some bad user feedback that worries me.

We dont need to go raptor here, more space is worth more than speed
for this build. Should I stay away from these drives? Probably, what
might you folks suggest?