Looks fine to me. This will be perfectly fine for most people, IMO.
Looks like you moved away from the SLI option in the future, right?
I assume you're going to do a "neat build" since you got that window in the case, right? :) Did you quick for quiet components in terms of HD and PS? Won't hurt to have quiet if you it doesn't cost you more.
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article692-page5.html <-- PS seems good.
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article29-page2.html <-- WD SE 16 might be better, who knows for sure. http://www.silentpcreview.com/article75-page4.html <-- maybe there is an equivalent priced quiet case here... Obviously, this quiet stuff {may / may no be} important to your friend (or you).

GPL wrote:
You know, at this point, I should put it down on screen so you all can
see, even if it is edited some more along the way.

Here is what we are looking at thus far and we are still just under
budget which is nice. Everything from newegg so far except for the
case which we like is from tiger. If they had the same one at newegg
we would get it from there. Do you think the power supply is enough?
Should I do anything with the ram I selected? Anything stand out to
you folks that I may need to re-look at.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Conroe 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 65W
Dual-Core Processor - Retail $279.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115028

ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail $139.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131196

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual
Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail $77.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145034

EVGA 512-P3-N802-AR GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0
HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail $289.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130319

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording
Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
$84.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148140

PLEXTOR Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X
DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache ATAPI DVD
Burner With Replaceable Beige Bezel - Retail  $69.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827249018

CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100
- 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail
$124.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139001

Ultra Black Aluminus ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB,
Firewire and Audio Ports - $69.99
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=ULT31824