Like I said before, the sample sizes most of us work with are utterly
irrelevant. My Seagate drives (7200.9, 7200.10) generally run hotter than my
WDs, and have had a higher failure rate (especially those pre-7200.9). But,
for my part, I discount my experience when someone asks "which drive is the
most reliable" because I appreciate the fact that my sample size is too
limited to be applied generally.

Frankly, I find myself buying more and more based on support experiences.
I've had excellent experiences dealing with WD returns/support, so that's a
preferred manufacturer for me.

Greg