I own 5 of these 320 gb seagate drives and one of the NS enterprise variety.
They have given good service without a problem. I do not notice any noise,
but I am not real picky unless the noise is really obnoxious. I purchased
the first pair in August of 2006 and they have been running almost 24/7
since.

The NS variety is rated for 24/7 use while the AS variety is not.

I DO NOT like the way that NewEgg packages their oem drives for shipment. A
couple wraps of bubble wrap and thrown in a box with styrofoam. I switched
to Zip Zoom Fly for hard drives due to their full styrofoam box for the hard
drive. Just my experience. YMMV.

HTH

Jim Maki
[EMAIL PROTECTED]