Wayne,
Thanks.....and inline......
At 17:35 01/03/2008 -0500, you wrote:
At 05:08 PM 1/3/2008, DHSinclair typed:
Have PFEv101. Easy to use so far, but have not used it yet to edit anything.
How do I know that it will save the dot-mbx file w/o mucking the format and/or
any special Eudora characters?

You're just editing the location of the attached file but it will change all the read/unread icons to ? but other than that it won't mess anything else up. I believe we talked about that fix earlier.

Nope. But yes, this is what happened. I just went back thru the mb and reset the status to /read/. That seems to have worked so far. Was hoping to avoid this extra cleanup. If not
possible, I can live with it as it is.............. :)

I do notice that the dot-mbx files seem to be encoded in ANSI. At least this is
what the Properties window says...Should I choose ANSI in PFEv101 B4
opening the files for edit/update?

I use System Fixed Pitch but that's just the Font & shouldn't mess up anything even if you don't change it. When I go to Properties on In.mbx I don't get anything about ANSI. What OS are you running. I'm in Xp Pro.

OK, I'll play with it some tonight. A 'just wondering' thing. To see the 'coding' business, I am now drawing a blank! I can not repeat how I got the file to show me 'ANSI.' So, my bad.....
I will keep digging. I do know that I saw this............. :)
I run Win2KProSP4. That could have something to do with this. I will probably migrate to full XP about the time Vista gets replaced with whatever..... Win2K just works so well here, I can
not fathom a reason to move ATM.
Yea, I am stubborn............. :)
Best,
Duncan