FWIW just built a new system for a customer and used two seagate 160's, mostly
because of the warranty ( 5 years )

time will tell.

I personally gave up on Maxtor even though I have a couple of old ones still
chugging along just fine in a *backup* server. <:-|
Not sure why, their RMA procedure was always tops. Use to like IBM but with the
merge to Hitachi their RMA procedure is lame ( last time I checked NO advance
replacement, must send in the drive first )
fp
At 01:40 PM 1/4/2008, DHSinclair Poked the stick with:

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)
Taglines below !