Hello DHSinclair,

> Thanks JoeUser,
> And probably why cars are offered in many colors. I have found in the AV
> business "one size" does not fit all.  Here on the List "we" are tweaks.
> And, due to this "we" have very strong opinions, and, "we" tend to defend
> "our" positions. Nature of the beast!  I got over this years ago. I take
> the suggestions, try stuff out, see it it works for me, and make my own
> decision.  Happy camper with eset (v2.70.39) ATM.
> I do understand that eset's V3.0 products are having growing pains! Again,
> nature of the beast.... :)
> Best,
> Duncan

Yeah, like all new stuff - that's why I don't rush into the new
versions. You know at one point I used like 13 or 14 different AV's to
assist in cleaning systems - no BS - they all missed and caught stuff
the others didn't. I read a periodical sometime ago. It went on about
malware and how one malware program could have 200 variants in a day
and 200,000 of those with all the math - basically sounded totally
exhausted and said no one can keep up. You just have to train these
users the best you can - hope they listen and if they don't, hope they
can afford to pay you for your time and effort.

I mean hey, if folks want to use Free AV - GO FOR IT. I think everyone
on this list that contributes is smart enough that we don't even need
AV anyway. However, can't tell me FREE is better then paid because thats
total bullshit. Here's why - FREE don't pay the frackin bills people.
You can't research viruses for free - it costs money. Money makes the
world go round - deal with it - accept it. We ain't flying around with
Picard and Wesley the Wonder Boy here. Sorry, everything costs
something. Also, I won't put my name behind free AV because of the
above. Every time I read AV comparisons I never see these free AV's at
the top. That's just how it is. I don't want to hear the bias argument
either because it's more then one review over many years now, and
what's not biased anymore anyway.

Wow put a couple bloody marys in me and slap me with a TLDR. Time to
slay some pixilated dragons and stuff. Have a good weekend.

--
Regards,
 joeuser - Still looking for the 'any' key...