About three weeks ago, I had 17" HP Pavilion laptop in that had some of the paint scraped off the front grill that runs along the entire front of the laptop. If you touched the bare metal, you would get a shock, so I used a multimeter to check it, and there was 10 to 40V running through the grill. On a whim, I checked the continuity between the power plug and the front grill, and there was continuity I assumed that this must mean a short somewhere in the case, and since the hard drive was dead as well and the system under warranty, the customer took the machine back to ship to HP.

Today I got another HP Pavilion laptop, and it also has continuity between the power jack and the metal grill in the front. Isn't this a problem or am I misreading this?