Thane,
Please re-define the laptops power interface!
Your contiguous continuity checks seem OK so far, there is a "ground" bus in play.
What scale on your multimeter is dropping from 100 to 70?
What comes into the laptop depends on its' 'power' cord. If it brings in low AC, then 2-wire; heck, even with normal AC, I'd expect 2-wire. If this is true, then the internal AC/DC conversion is leaking/bad. I would think the laptop frame and/or common ground bus is a zero.
But, maybe you have a 3-wire interface (hot-new-ground). That's a new problem.
I just do not know at this point. For sure, something is odd ATM.
Best,
Duncan