so the personal computer is truly dead.

Hayes Elkins wrote:
It's pretty much the standard corporate environment now to have a PC with no floppy or ROM drive (or access disabled), usb ports turned off (save for KB&M) and PCI slots disabled. Nobody 10 years ago
though much of security concerns when taking 1.44MB floppies home, but when you can put a 32GB flash drive into a desktop and take the entire network shares with you - it raises a red flag on just why
anybody needs access to a floppy/ROM/usb storage device in the first place.> Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 19:35:51 -0500> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com> Subject: Re: [H]
Flash drive(s)> > Security. If you were using a workstation that had access to government > secrets, health records, financial records, etc., the powers that be > would want to ensure that a
rogue worker would not come in and copy that > information into a small, easily concealed flash drive and walk off with > secret data.> > DHSinclair wrote:> > Ben,> > Nice. Really
nice! Is there some reason the "power's-that-be" did this? > > NO! Don't even hazard a guess! Will get tools, will live on. Not yet > > ready to play with "Group Policy"
business, yet. I've learned that GP > > is really big "mana" and that I am not 'read' enough to play there. > > Fine. I will truck on. I am still a default kind of person (subject
to > > M$ updates, that is). Thanks much.> > Best,> > Duncan
Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailĀ®-get your
"fix".