The corporate world of today sounds much like the defence industry of the 90s. I worked in aerospoce in an evironment where everything was top secret and compartmentalized. If you wrote pi=3.14 on the wrong piece of paper and left it out over night or took it home by accident, you could end up in very serious trouble. Computers were tempested (yuck), walls lined with carpet, cameras everywhere, and you had to subject ot search on entry/exit if asked. Doors opened either by badge swipe or by code. They probably scan your eyeballs now. :)

I was glad to get out of there (in some respects, anyway, the projects were cool) and it sounds like I'd be glad not to be corporate, too.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Reeves" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2008 9:46 PM
Subject: Re: [H] Flash drive(s)

Eh. Part of it is what employees think they can get away with. We have quite a few clients who go the extra length and deploy spector cne everywhere. :)

If your in the intellectual property business you have to. If one of their mastercam drawings left their building, there would be a rash of quick firings. (I've been to one... Go out the night before, clean out employee desk, call them and meet them at Denny's in the morning with a crate of their crap.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T