Blind test between Monster cable and a metal coat hanger:

http://consumerist.com/362926/do-coat-hangers-sound-as-good-monster-cables

Now, if you are talking about having the proper gauge of wire for
certain applications (ie high amperage) or having good, well-made
connectors, then yeah there is a difference. But your oxygen-infused
triple-platinum connectors?  I've got a bridge to sell you.

------
Brian