I never mentioned using analog cables, this was regarding your single digital
sound output on your motherboard. My question is what difference does it make
if you have simulated DD5.1 processed by your speaker system vs having a sound
card do it earlier in the chain? All the functionality you describe (output on
all speakers, LFE, levels, dsp) can still be handled by the Logitech right?

http://green.msn.com/galleries/photos/photos.aspx?gid=164&ocid=T003MSN51N1653A