That Fan has a 3 pin connector.  Also, it comes with a little fan controller as
well you can set it to were you want.  I have the 3 pin connected directly to
the Motherboard in the CPU FAN connector.  THe fan does speed up and slow down
when needed.

To put the CPU fan on you will need to remove te mother board to put on the
Bottom Plate part so the the Fan is supported.  It is the only drawback of the
setup.

I have been using Zalman fans since I got my AMD FX-60.  I use an intel Core 2
Extreme now that I got like 1 year 8 months ago and the computer is still going
strong. Although, I did need to replace the motherboard just recently and 1 of
the RAM chips went bad and now running on 2GB of RAM.

I have not changed the CPU fan yet since the computer was built.

Good luck in your search.

-- Begin Previous message Reply ---
what is the box labeled fan control, what I mean is this needed if the mb
already has a 4 pin connector.

Picked up a silenx 120x38 ixtrema. 90cfm+ 18 dba. replaced the rear case fan (
vantec stealth 120x25 63 cfm @ 28dba. I have never seen a fan this quiet move
this much air.
need to find a 92 x 25 to replace the front enermax, not sure of cfm but it is
NOISY.

Giving the zalmans a good look, first look seems like I need to remove the mb.
am I wrong ?

with cool and quiet enabled temps are under control but have not PUSHED the cpu
yet and the side cover is back on.
--- End Previous Message reply ---
thanks
Fred