I know Asus makes the software, I was saying IT SUX! :(

Asus Probe2 is Intrusive, no logging, memory hog, interferes with network printing, junk. No specs or source code from Asus, so a big "FU" if you don't like their crap.

Then you have your video card's sensors and fan controls still using SMB or I2C, so another app either vendor made crap (ATI CCC) or 3rd party Russian roulette that don't do everything. Using RivaTuner only reads 1 GPU & 1 fan of my HD3870X2 and last ATI Tray tool beta I bothered with last month read the WRONG fan sensor.

Further point was that these are standard IC's from the likes of Winbond and others using relatively standard SMB or I2C protocols so you'd think there would be as good utilities for windows as there are under linux.

http://www.lm-sensors.org/

Unlike MBM, Everest 4.50 costs (moronic amounts of) money doing more than monitoring sensors, yet does not control fan speeds, and it's device driver (AFAIK) is crashing HDD device drivers randomly under load.

Wasteland right now IMHO compared to MBM dumping volt & temp data via syslog to my SQL database.

Beave wrote:
Hello,
-=<Begin cut from previous message>=-
Big issue with new mobo's IMHO is despite a plethora of fan & temp probe
headers there's a lack of good, free software to control/monitor since MBM is a
dead project.
As sweet as the Asus Rampage is, Q-Fan2 & Asus Probe2 software suck. So an otherwise killer 2 or 3 IC package that comprises an extensive monitoring & fan control setup sits useless without proper software. Tried Everest to at least monitor but it it's polling seems to frakk the HDD controller causing all HDD's to suddenly disappear from time to time & no explanation why. Sure wish there was a GOOD software project for Windows like Linux has providing better generic SMB/I2C drivers & controls!
-=<End cut from previous message>=-

Look into nVidia and or the motherboard manufacturer for those utilities.  I
currently had to replace  my nForce 680i due to a cmos error that could not be
recovered with a nForce 780i.  Yes I know, but I did not have any DDR3 memory
or the money to spend on DDR3 for the 790i chipset.

So, we all need to look to our motherboard manaufacturers and Chipset makers
for that software utility now. Luckily, Asus and nVidia makes a the utilities
there.

Regards,
--
Tim "The Beave" Lider