Have a customer on her second system will not boot error. Recovery will not run
from f10, have to make the recovery partition active and boots and restores are
possible,

I have no idea why she has crashed twice, drive checks OK ( wd800jb) but I
figure replacing the drive is a good first step. She is a real estate sales
person and is frantic. She has these ppl *your computer works* do work on it
and I suspect they muffed it up somehow, they had windows defrag in scheduled
tasks and I have seen defrag mess up a system if trying to work while it is
fragging.

Question, sorry about the long intro.

There is no option in windows to create restore disks, is it possible to just
burn the data from the restore partition and make it bootable ? Also is it
possible to slipstream in updates ?  restores to pre sp1 and is a real PITA.
got it restored yesterday to sp1, going back this AM to do sp3 and try and  get
her laptop (vista) to network the printer again which has been a real pain.

Thanks
fp

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)