At 11:19 AM 01/07/2008, FORC5 wrote:
Have a customer on her second system will not boot error. Recovery will not run from f10, have to make the recovery partition active and boots and restores are possible,

I have no idea why she has crashed twice, drive checks OK ( wd800jb) but I figure replacing the drive is a good first step. She is a real estate sales person and is frantic. She has these ppl *your computer works* do work on it and I suspect they muffed it up somehow, they had windows defrag in scheduled tasks and I have seen defrag mess up a system if trying to work while it is fragging.

Sounds like a bad HD to me.

There is no option in windows to create restore disks, is it possible to just burn the data from the restore partition and make it bootable ? Also is it possible to slipstream in updates ? restores to pre sp1 and is a real PITA. got it restored yesterday to sp1, going back this AM to do sp3 and try and get her laptop (vista) to network the printer again which has been a real pain.

You probably can burn the partition to DVD, but it would be easier to contact HP and get the recovery CDs for the system.