sounds like a bad hd to me too, I copied the recovery partition out but that
data is light, i386 folder seems to be on C: very strange

HP is really not that expensive on recovery cd's

figured out this is not the original HD and somehow is why f 10 does not work.
( guess )

She left it connected to the internet last night with no av or firewall, I am
now back at square one. :'(

Good news is I am building her a new system, one with a second drive for
backup. EIther raid ( no like ) or StandbyDisk ( like)

fp
thanks
At 02:04 AM 7/2/2008, Thane Sherrington Poked the stick with:
>At 11:19 AM 01/07/2008, FORC5 wrote:
>>Have a customer on her second system will not boot error. Recovery will not
>>run from f10, have to make the recovery partition active and boots and
>>restores are possible,
>>
>>I have no idea why she has crashed twice, drive checks OK ( wd800jb) but I
>>figure replacing the drive is a good first step. She is a real estate sales
>>person and is frantic. She has these ppl *your computer works* do work on it
>>and I suspect they muffed it up somehow, they had windows defrag in scheduled
>>tasks and I have seen defrag mess up a system if trying to work while it is
>>fragging.
>
>Sounds like a bad HD to me.
>
>>There is no option in windows to create restore disks, is it possible to just
>>burn the data from the restore partition and make it bootable ? Also is it
>>possible to slipstream in updates ?  restores to pre sp1 and is a real PITA.
>>got it restored yesterday to sp1, going back this AM to do sp3 and try and
>>get her laptop (vista) to network the printer again which has been a real
>>pain.
>
>You probably can burn the partition to DVD, but it would be easier to contact
>HP and get the recovery CDs for the system.

Tallyho ! ]:8)
Taglines below !
--
Blond Mating Call:  Oh, I'm so drunk [giggle].