Worried about AMD going bankrupt? OK, I missed that point & was assuming you meant if no one buys AMD despite lack luster products that we'd loose them!

AMD would not be in trouble if they weren't terrible managing business, and if they had a product worth buying besides ATI products (who they might yet run into the ground). Same poor management issues killed Commodore back in the day and they had great products.

Stan Zaske wrote:
You lost me at it not being an issue of a one vendor market. If AMD goes bankrupt it will be a one vendor market.

maccrawj wrote:
It's not an issue of a one vendor market. When AMD comes up with something good enough you can be sure the market will swing yet again to AMD's camp.

What makes me laugh are all the complete "power gamer" PC's in EGM that only come in AMD flavors during a Intel market. Well, that and the price of said PC's being < $1000 loaded with features which is flat out impossible to do & still have a "power gamer" PC.