Thanks Stan,
I'll give it a look.
Duncan
At 16:37 11/17/2008 -0600, you wrote:
Excellent card with great value for those that game seldom yet it will also accelerate HD video if you watch Blue Ray movies.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127391

DHSinclair wrote:
Let's say I have an old PCI video card. Let's say that I 'think' that it might be bad.
(it seems to be weak lighting up the display at post!)
But, I have this brandy, spanking, new set of toys that need a video card just to see if it even works...... :)

What are the chances that a suspicious, old, video card might do any damage to the
new collection of toys?

Yes, I am trying hard, not to drop coin on a really "new" PCIx model video card; yet!

Or, can you suggest a mid-grade current video card? The new toy is NOT an EXTREME GAMER, but I would like to view some simple web-based video; like UToob and/or dot-wmv like files.
Best,