Mis-quotes of how bad ATI's driver issues are starting to wear thin. Both companies have issues that arise, generally with AGP video support or specific games, then maybe something else like general stability.

The driver package is the same for the entire product line, true also with
Nvidia.

It's simple: You buy, try, scrutinize, & return within 30 days if there's trouble. Anything has to be better than old Matrox cards, as good as they were in their day and at $30 it could cost a lot more to try.

DHSinclair wrote:
Stan,
Well, yes and no. Yes, I have a new/replacement PC built; a C2D/P45/DDR3 that is just missing a video card. I do have 3 PCI cards that I can try, but I have to take another PC down to try. ATM, my spare G200-PCI may be bad. I will confirm this tonight.

And, no, you missed nothing. I did appreciate the suggestion and the link to the Anandtech review. I may have to re-read the review. Perhaps I missed something. I just was not impressed with the video card's power usage, resources, and the driver (ATI) issues. However, as a first time try with a PCI-e card, the price and features are appealing.

I have listened to the collective banter ATI vs. nVidia through the last 3 series of video cards. Sorry, I remain hopelessly confused still. And, now I have to learn/deal with a brand new card interface also.
My apologies.
Best,
Duncan