Folks I need a bit of feedback regarding creating a dual boot system.

I currently have 2 HDs running, a smaller one has XP Media Center as the OS and the second larger HD has D, E and G partitions used for storing files.

I want to install XP Pro on the same computer and have the option to boot to either one as needed.

Is it fairly simple to create a new partition on the existing HD and install XP Pro on that partition? Or is it better to buy a new HD and install XP Pro on the new HD?

If I am able to install the second OS on the same HD as the first one, will both OSes be able to recognize the files stored on the D, E and G partitions?

If I need to install the second OS on a separate HD, will it be able to recognize and access the files stored on the other HD on the D, E and G partitions?

thanks