FLAC is a lossless codec and from my personal testing in my HT (your results
may vary) it sounded better than normal DD or DTS and almost as good as
Tru-HD.

The real bonus is that it drops the filesize by several hundred MB at least,
sometimes more.

Brian Weeden
Technical Consultant
Secure World Foundation <http://www.secureworldfoundtion.org>