From: maccrawj <maccr...@gmail.com>

Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 16:17:26 To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: Re: [H] x48 v p45 ?

DDR3 is insanely expensive vs. DDR2 for little benefit. It's all or nothing with current boards and the choice of DDR2 vs 3 with DDR3 RAM being 2-3X the price of DDR2 last time I checked.

I was saying having X48 chipset w/ 16X lanes for whatever use makes sense if mobo is same price as P45 (x48 lite IMHO), nothing more.

DHSinclair wrote:
j.,
A bit confused? I now run DDR3 on my 3 P5Q3 m/b's. And it seems to work well; as best I can check. If this is a $$ comment, I understand. If not a $$ comment, I do NOT understand.
I was told DDR3 is where we will all have to go in the end.
I went there 5-6 months ago.
Best,
Duncan

maccrawj wrote:
DDR3 would be the "extreme" models of Maximus, Rampage, & Maximus II. When I checked Newegg the MII & Rampage for DDR2 were same price. Just seems a waste to not have the xtra lanes "in case" given same price for both, but certainly both are great mobos.