On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, DSinc wrote:

From my read of the APC forums, UPS batteries (in APC UPS's) seem to have a "Life" of about 3-5 years. 3 years seems to be about average. Odd to me that I got damn near 9 years out of my first set of APC batteries. [I do so want a set of 1997 batteries!] But, there was a whole lot of stuff that took place during that time period. I got really lucky!

It depends on usage. If you never have a power failure the batteries will last a lot longer than if you use them a lot.

What you should try to do is to make sure they never never NEVER go under about a 60% charge.

Get a battery under 60% and they never really recover.

Christopher Fisk
--
BOFH Excuse #262:
Our POP server was kidnapped by a weasel.

believed to be clean.