Your O/S only reports 3.4GB, obviously. What does the BIOS say?

Brian Weeden wrote:
What originally sparked this was my need to run Virtual XP from within
Windows 7.  I need to run a fairly memory intensive program inside the VM so
I would like to give it 2 GB of RAM.  But I still need to be able to run
some other memory intensive apps on Win 7, so allocated 2 GB of my 3.4 GB to
the VM isn't great.  Now, if I had 8 GB of RAM then everything is cake.  The
ram itself is dirt cheap (relatively speaking) and the OS cost is the same
so the only real issue at hand is making the change.

I don't have any wacky hardware, everything has a 64-bit driver so I will
make the change when I install retail Win 7 next month.

Brian Weeden
Technical Advisor
Secure World Foundation <http://www.secureworldfoundation.org>
Montreal Office