From: Steve Tomporowski <didym...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 08:25:22 To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: [H]  Win7 and Hard Drives

I've noticed this 'problem' on both Vista and Win7. It seems like the system puts it's file manager to sleep, so that if you try to do a disk action, you get a substantial delay. For instance, I'll be playing a game, then I jump to email, when I try to drag and drop, there is a delay, I get the circle, then finally it moves the message. Of course, the next message goes quickly. The same with getting disk directories. I'll click on a drive, get the 1st half of folders, then the circle and then the moving bar, then it finally gives me all the folders. Of course, after that point, everything works quickly. My power settings are for always on, so it's not a power down. Anyone else seen this?

Thanks....Steve

database 4537 (20091023) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 4538 (20091024) __________