From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Anthony Q. Martin
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2009 1:40 AM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] SSD Time.............

I found this comment on Newegg:

"

    *Cons:* The only thing I can say that will be annoying is that when
    or if i should ever start seeing performance issues, you are suppose
    to wipe each of your SSD cards with a software called HDDErase 4.x.
    But to do this, I'll have to unplug each of my SSD cards from my
    Raid Controller, connect to my motherboard SATA ports and set the
    BIOS of my motherboard to SATA-TYPE: IDE. Then run the HDDErase to
    clean them. This is suppose to reset the SSD drives to the factory
    defaults. When done reconnect your SSD drives back to your
    raid-controller and restore an "image" back onto your HDD.
    *Other Thoughts:* Although this will be annoying having to reset
    your SSDs every 3-6 months depending on your usage, we all have to
    remember this is new technology, and software within the next year
    should solve these issues eventually. And if that software never
    comes... ooh well. The speed is totally worth it for me!!!

"

Sounds different, for sure. Can you confirm the need to "reset" the SSD?

Greg Sevart wrote:
> Standard SATA power and data connections. Mounting is easy. Since they
have
> no moving parts, are fairly immune to shock and vibration, and are
> exceptionally light, a lot of people are just taping them to the sides or
> bottom of the case. Most of them use the 2.5" form factor and are either
9.5
> or 7mm tall. In my case, I bought a cheap 2x 2.5" to 1x 3.5" adapter and
put
> both of my Intel G2 SSDs in the spot for a single 3.5" drive.

one