On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 09:31:36AM -0500, Anthony Q. Martin wrote:
> The problem with waiting...is that I really will be waiting..on a slow
> HD and win7!
>
> Too late. My SSD should come today!
>
> Now the fun begins.
>
> Questions: How best to move my C drive (boot + programs) to the SSD?
> What software tool does the image best? Running Win7 RC. Will upgrade to
> Win764ibt Ultimate soon.  I'd actually like to just upgrade over the RC.
> Is that possible?

Fresh install on the new SSD.  I know this is mainly a windows group, so
the following should be common sense by now:

a) Never upgrade windwows, ever, ever, ever.
b) A fresh install will always be faster and cleaner

Once you do a fresh install of the OS and our programs, do an image and keep it
on the
network for easy restores later on.

--

Bryan G. Seitz