TBH I used underhanded tactics to replace at least one card by purchasing a new one & returning the the old (same model) in it's place knowing the big reseller has more power than I do getting replacements.

Sapphire went so far as to not commit to sending me a card with the same defect. In other words I would pay good money to gamble on the replacement. AFAIK they never did make good on an "bios update" to fix the flaw they copied from the ATI reference design (which ATI did fix for BBA's).

Is this what the hardware world has come to? Hell even my last gen fat PS3 has issues with 3-5 random lockups spread over each month!