Anthony,
Sadly I agree with you. Specially with video cards. I freely admit that I have not kept up with this tech for the past many years; mostly because it was changing too fast, and, the prices escalating beyond my ability to play! The numerous M$ OS changes did not help either. Add in the CPU skirmishes between Intel and AMD and the attendant changes to m/b chipsets,...........well, my eyes just glazed over. Way TMI!

I now rarely use any RMA process any longer. I just take my loss and truck on. Warranties and RMA policies have way too much "mice-type." The MFGs hold all the cards. All I hold is a dead(?) object and a receipt. I just suck it up and change vendor/MFG. But, that is just my plan.

Congrats on the working video card!
Best,
Duncan