Thanks Thane.. looking forward to seeing what you think. Yes I have a bunch of music and photo files that I need to archive on disc or my external drive. But sometimes things just take too darn long to work in XP. Desktop icons take a few seconds to load, clicking on Firefox takes about 10 seconds to open the program, the whole thing feels sluggish. My OS needs to go on a diet. Used to be that when I clicked on a program to open it, it would pop up right away. Now it needs to think for between 5 and 10 seconds.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thane Sherrington" <th...@computerconnectionltd.com>
To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2010 15:26
Subject: Re: [H] Cleaning and purging clutter in XP

At 07:11 PM 15/05/2010, Veech wrote:
The "Slimming Down Windows XP" program? Looks good and looks like what I am looking for. Have you used it? He wants a $15 donation which is fine with me, it would be worth it.

I've skimmed his idea. I don't like the idea of actually removing the files for the services you don't need. The space saved can't be as significant as the space used by old music, pictures and video that most people have on their computer. I could be wrong, and I'll run it on Monday on a virtual machine to give more precise results.