I should have been more clear. I'm a long time user of Diskeeper and it has a feature where it defrags in the background continuously and that is what I believe borked my games more than once over the years. I no longer use it unless I'm in the mood to defrag which I haven't for awhile. All the reviews show that there isn't a performance improvement. It's more of an aesthetics's kind of thing for me.