Eli,
Pardon me for not responding sooner. You threw me a curve.
What you ask me about, I have never even thought of.
When I purchased, I chose to add a server to my LAN. Simple as that.

History:
My server came to me used with acceptable credentials, w/loaded OS, ready to 'play' with. It came to me with a fully installed RAID5 array. It has essentially the very same RAID5 array now, except that today I have 2 hot spares in place. I still consider this machine my local, in-home LAN server learning platform.

Yes, it does do what I consider important functions; chiefly, it runs my ESET Enterprise Server/RAS/RAC/Mirror needs. Besides that, it is also my WINS server for my LAN. Probably a separate topic! It is NOT a domain controller (still under study).

It came to me with a functional RAID system which I had never owned/built. I have learned much about the care and feeding of a commercial-grade (my belief) RAID system.. Thank you Collective!

But, yes, it is a SCSI U160 system. Hence my Initial "Pending Conversion." I conjured that I might be able possibly convert from SCSI to SATA without a lot of cost/grief. I am still looking at Bryan's shares and trying to comprehend the following discussion from yourself, Greg, Bryan, and Joshua. All of which I read and try to follow. Admit, much of which leaves me in the dust. No harm, no foul. Thanks folks. My bad, not yours!

I could, perhaps, agree that I am "playing" with a piece of equipment I should never have come in contact with. Fine. Too late! LOL!
Best,
Duncan