Onboard 'raid' is like using 'mspaint' for professional photo editing.  Just
because it's there
doesn't mean you should use it.  Most onboard raid is utter garbage and can end
up doing more
harm than good.  I would choose software raid over cheap onboard garbage any
day.  In fact, software
raid isn't a bad idea here Duncan, however you will need a 'server' OS like
win2k3/2k8.

--

Bryan G. Seitz